Wedding Prep for the Natural Bride: How to Look and Feel Your Best
Photo by Courtney Clayton
There are a million articles out there addressing the “to-do's” to prepare yourself for your big day, but there is one thing that these articles are often lacking- an emphasis on how the bride actually feels during the prep for their wedding.
Of course every bride wants to look their best on their big day, but all of this pressure to look perfect can be overwhelming to the point where the stress can have an adverse effect on your health. At the end of the day, if you feel great, you will look great, so we have compiled an achievable set of tips to help you showcase your best self, naturally.
Let’s start with how you FEEL!
It is important that you take time for yourself during the wedding planning process, and really just enjoy the moment. Your health and well being shouldn’t be put on the back burner, especially your mental health.
Stress and anxiety can build up during this time if you do not actively manage it, which can be detrimental to the health of the rest of your body and your skin. Stress can lead to sleep deprivation, which can lead to a lowered immune system, and inevitably getting sick right before your big day. Remember to take some time to unwind, whether it be with yoga, meditation, or just a pure sweaty cardio sesh.
How you feel will reflect on your skin!
Your skin is a direct reflection of what is going on inside your body, in which blemishes, eczema, rosacea, etc can all be indicators of what is going on in your body.
If you struggle with any skin, digestive issues, or chronic stress, we recommend visiting a naturopath a few months ahead to take a deeper look at your internal health. We recommend Dr. Jen Newell in the Toronto area, as she specializes in skin health, and uncovering the underlying issues that are related to skin problems. You can make a consultation with her here. Taking a hold of your health with a dietary and whole body perspective can help you feel your best, eliminate the stress, and help you maintain your bridal glow!
Speaking of skin care, what natural tips and tricks can you do to reach that bridal glow?
Let’s be real, all brides want a radiant, hydrated glow for their big day. Our secret- you don’t have to spend huge amounts of money to achieve this look! The best thing to do is find a skin care routine that is gentle and effective, that you can stick to consistently starting a few months before your wedding. If you are not sure what products you should be using for your skin type and skin goals, you can always give us a call or send us an email, and our Regimen Coaches would be happy to help!
If you are new to Consonant, or are looking to take your regimen to the next level, we recommend two game changing products that will help you achieve your best skin for the big day.
- Maximum Glycolic Meta Serum- Not only will this help increase cell turnover, decrease roughness, and bring forth more youthful healthy skin cells, but it will also make your skin more receptive to other products you apply to it. Mix this into your routine at least 3 months prior to your wedding so that your skin has time to maximize this product to its potential.
- HydrExtreme Serum- This is our liquid gold serum. HydrExtreme will help plump your skin with moisture for 24 hours to give you the hydration you have always dreamed of.
Apply both of these serums daily, and if you are wearing a strapless dress, or showing some upper body, don’t forget to apply a few drops to your decolletage daily as well!
Another practice that we like to recommend, especially in the month leading up to your wedding, is implementing facial massage. This simple massage helps to increase circulation, while decreasing inflammation, and puffiness in your face. Check out this video by Elodie Beauty to learn how to give yourself a facial massage.
What to do the week before!
You’re a week away from your wedding! Even during this exciting and busy time, it is important to take the time for yourself, and prioritize YOU! A few things to keep in mind at this point to ensure that you are feeling your best the day before your wedding is:
- Get your diet in check! Cut out the junk (sugar, salt, processed food, and alcohol) for a full week before your wedding to prevent bloat, blemishes, and facial puffiness. Increase your intake of anti-inflammatory and detoxifying foods such as tumeric, and make sure you are drinking at least 8 cups of tea or water a day.
- Get some sleep! There is something to be said about beauty sleep. Make sure you are getting your 8 hours a night especially the night before.
- Don’t change your skin care product range one week out, as you risk experiencing a reaction or breaking out! At this point you should have implemented a daily regimen that you like, so try to stick to this without adding in any new creams or masks.
The night before:
Your skin regimen should be what you normally stick to, but the night before is a good time to add in a DHE Mask to detoxify, hydrate and exfoliate your face! This mask is super anti-inflammatory, which will help prevent puffiness, and if you happen to have any unwanted breakouts, it will help to minimize them for tomorrow!
Before you go to bed, load up on HydrExtreme, so that you wake up with a hydrated glow in the morning! The combo of DHE mask and HydrExtreme will allow your makeup to glide on tomorrow.
Now time to get some beauty sleep, and get ready for your big day!
Are you getting ready for a wedding this summer? Give us a call with your skin concerns and we would be happy to guide you to the right regimen!
We are #consonantlife !
- Tags: Skin Care
- William Baker